Ec 515: Information Economics
- Dec. 4: I have posted a number practice problems. We will go over some of them, as well as some of the questions in previous problem sets next week.
- Dec. 1: The final exam will be on Monday, December 15, in SSW 413 at 12:30 - 14:30.
- Nov. 24: I have posted the fourth & final problem set. It is due at 12:30 on Monday, December 8.
- Nov. 10: I have posted the third problem set. It is due at 12:30 on Monday, November 24.
- Oct. 8: The due date for Problem Set 2 is moved to Monday, October 20.
- Sep. 29: I have posted solutions (or sketches thereof) for Problem Set 1.
- Sep. 29: The midterm will be in class on Wednesday, October 22. It will cover everything that we will have covered by October 15. It will be open book and open notes.
- Sep. 29: I have posted the second problem set. It is due at 12:30 on Tuesday, October 14.
- Sep. 9: Starting Wednesday, September 10 and for the remainder of the semester, the class will meet in SSW 413 (270 Bay State Road).
- Sep. 9: I have posted the first problem set. It is due at 12:30 on Monday, September 24.
Module 1: Decision Making Under Uncertainty
Module 2: Portfolio Choice & Insurance
Module 3: Moral Hazard - Introduction
Module 4: Principal-Agent Problem: Linear Contracts
Module 5: Generalized Principal-Agent Problem and Nonlinear Contracts
Module 6: Principal-Agent Problem with Subjective Evaluations
Module 7: Debt Contracts & Credit Rationing
Module 8: Multi-agent Moral Hazard Models
Module 9: Dynamic Moral Hazard
Module 10: Relational Contracts
Module 11: Reputation: Moral Hazard and Product Quality
Module 12: Holdup Problem
Module 13: Information Disclosure
Module 14: Adverse Selection
Module 15: Screening
Module 16: Signalling
Module 17: Mechanism Design & Optimal Auctions
Module 18: VCG Mechanism
Problem Sets & Exams
Problem Set 1
- Due Date: Monday, September 24
Problem Set 2
- Due Date: Tuesday, October 14
Midterm with Solutions
Problem Set 3
- Due Date: Monday, November 24
Problem Set 4
- Due Date: Monday, December 8