Managing the world’s resources in a sustainable way is increasingly central to competitive dynamics and value creation. The Energy & Sustainability pathway offers students a map to curricular resources for leading enterprises in natural-resource-based industries (especially energy, food and agriculture, and mobility), and for integrating sustainability into enterprise and investment decisions. The selected courses build on the core MBA curriculum as a foundation and offer extensions that allow students to develop deep expertise in the economics and strategy of energy markets, corporate sustainability, as well as sustainable investing and entrepreneurship. The pathway combines different learning approaches including conceptual frameworks in academic courses, experiential learning and interdisciplinary collaboration opportunities. It is supported by a rich set of co-curricular activities. The Energy & Sustainability pathway prepares students for careers in the traditional and renewable energy sectors, other natural-resource-based industries, corporate sustainability and consulting, and corresponding entrepreneurial and investment roles.
Note: The ISEN courses listed on this pathway are pre-approved as credits that will count toward your MBA, however you must fill out this form to petition a request with the Kellogg Registrar's Office.
Economic Analysis and Policy in Energy
- The Economics of Energy Markets and the Environment: STRT 458-0
- Energy Efficiency and Sustainability Opportunities: Engineering, Design, and Adoption: ISEN 406
- Topics in Contemporary Energy and Climate Change: ISEN 410
- Electrify Everything: Beneficial Electrification, Electric Vehicles, and Beyond: ISEN 422
- Advanced Topics in Electric Technologies: Storage and Microgrids: ISEN 431
- Carbon Removal, Capture, and Use: ISEN 432
- Climate Activism and Its Business Impacts: ISEN 472
- Managing Sustainability Transformations: SSIM 938-0
- Decision-Making for Sustainable Business: SSIM 947-5
- ESG Investing and Sustainability Reporting: ACCT 459-0
- Breakthrough Energy Efficiency and Net-Zero Buildings: ISEN 433
- Sustainable Supply Chain Management: ISEN 462
- Circular Economy: ISEN 463
- Sustainability in Water and Wastewater: ISEN 470
- Sustainable Food: ISEN 471
- The Future of Food and Agriculture: ISEN 473
- Social Innovation Practicum*: SSIM 452-0
- Corporate Innovation and New Ventures*: ENTR 903-0
- Managing Firms for Shareholders and Society: Thought Leadership Seminar*: FINC 484-5
Sustainability Entrepreneurship and Venture Capital
- Impact Investing and Sustainable Finance: FINC 946-0
- NUvention: Energy: ENTREP 474
- Private Energy and Sustainable Infrastructure Development and Finance: ISEN 440
- Government Incentives: ISEN 452
* Complementary courses do not necessarily contain energy or sustainability content, but are likely to be of interest to students with interests in the specified area.
Last edited July 28, 2023. For any questions regarding this page, please email email@example.com.