Zell Fellows Program
Introduced during the 2013-14 academic year and funded by Sam Zell, the Zell Fellows Program at the Kellogg School of Management is designed to be a unique, applied entrepreneurial experience for a select number of MBA candidates with a passion for new venture creation. The program combines coaching, fieldwork, experiential learning and business services to provide an aspiring entrepreneur with the tools and resources needed to develop, launch and grow a successful venture upon graduation from Kellogg. Zell Fellows are known not just for their intellect, drive and entrepreneurial passion — but also for their humility, collegiality and desire to support others aspiring to create new ventures with lasting value.
Interested in applying for the 2015-16 cohort? Review the steps by visiting the Application Process
ANNUAL PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS
ABOUT SAM ZELL
- WEEKLY | Zell Fellows group working sessions
- NOVEMBER | Trek to the San Francisco Bay Area to visit entrepreneurs, venture capitalists and startup companies
- JANUARY–JUNE | Mentoring and sponsored business services for Zell Fellows’ startups
- MARCH | Mid-program meeting with the Zell Fellows Council
- MARCH | Fellows Trek to Israel
- MAY | Meeting and networking with IDC
- MAY–JUNE | Business plan competition, financing and award season preparation
- JUNE | Zell Israel Fellows visit Kellogg
Sam Zell is the chairman of Equity Group Investments LLC, the private Chicago-based investment firm Mr. Zell founded more than 40 years ago. His investments span industries and continents, and include interests in finance, energy, transportation, communications and real estate. Mr. Zell is recognized as a founding father of the public real estate industry after creating three of the largest real estate investment trusts (REITs) in history. He also chairs five public companies listed on the New York Stock Exchange and purchased the Chicago Tribune in 2007.
Below are links to information on previously named Fellows and their new ventures, highlights and outcomes of the program, and application information. Please contact email@example.com
with any questions.