Kellogg Application tips: Written and video essays
As you move through the application process, one of the most important aspects is telling your personal and professional story as fully and authentically as possible. Each part of the application provides an opportunity for you to share what makes you unique. When you are submitting your written essays and optional video essays, consider examples that demonstrate who you are, what drives you and what you plan to achieve as a future Kellogg Leader.
The application will give you two prompts for written essays:
- Kellogg’s purpose is to educate, equip and inspire leaders who create lasting value. Provide a recent example where you have demonstrated leadership and created value. What challenges did you face and what did you learn?
- Values are what guide us in our life and work. What values are important to you and how have they influenced you?
Today’s changing business landscape demands leaders who possess a blend of analytical, creative and social intelligence and who can uplift teams to their full potential — those are the candidates we at Kellogg are looking for. Know that there are no perfect answers to our essay questions. Instead, when you are writing your essays, think about how you can leave your mark on Kellogg and the world.
Optional video essays
New this year, you can complete video essays after you submit your application and payment. While the video is an optional component, this is a great opportunity to tell us more about you and explain why Kellogg is the right place for you.
The video portion of the applications will include three questions, each designed to help you showcase your personality and share some of the experiences that brought you to where you are today:
- Introduce yourself to the admissions committee.
- What path are you interested in pursuing, how will you get there, and why is this program right for you?
- This question will be based on a challenge you've faced and what you've learned from it.
Please note, video essays are due 96 hours after the application deadline.
At Kellogg, we believe in a holistic approach to the application process. We look at all areas of a candidate’s application. For us, this is much more than a test score, essay or job title. All applicants have unique strengths and attributes. Please make sure we see and hear everything that makes you special.
If you are ready to become a Kellogg Leader, complete your application today.
Good luck, and we look forward to seeing your application soon!