The KIEI San Francisco Immersion Quarter marks the latest evolution in the expansion of our innovation offerings.
Candidates will have the opportunity to learn from Kellogg faculty and business leaders in San Francisco, both in the classroom and on-site in startups and firms across the Bay Area.
This unprecedented opportunity is ideal for students with strong professional interest in entrepreneurship, technology or venture capital; ambitions to work in a growth-stage entrepreneurial or venture capital firm; and the desire to serve as a proud Kellogg ambassador.
The San Francisco Winter Quarter is an accredited curricular experience. Students selected for the program will take 1.5 credits of required course work and an additional 1.5 to 3.0 credits of elective course work.
With the support of KIEI and the Career Management Center, students will be matched to firms for the internship requirement.
Required courses (1.5 credits)
- KIEI 980-0: Bay Area Internship and Networking Lab (full credit)
- Internship with a growth-stage startup, or
- Internship with a VC firm (prerequisite: FINC 445)
- One of the following half-credit finance courses:
- FINC 980-5: Venture Investing, or
- FINC 982-5: Advanced Topics in Venture Investing (prerequisite: FINC 445)
- KIEI 967-0: Launching and Leading Start-Ups (full credit)
- TBD (1 course credit)
- KIEI 952-4: Entrepreneurship: Building Innovation, Teams and Cultures (half credit)
- Additional course still in development (full credit)
Please be aware that there are strict prerequisites for admission into the program.