The KIEI San Francisco Immersion Quarter offers a unique opportunity to intern in VC firms or VC portfolio companies, build a network in the Bay Area and take courses all at the same time!
This unprecedented opportunity is ideal for students with strong professional interest in entrepreneurship, technology or venture capital; ambitions to work in a growth-stage entrepreneurial or venture capital firm; and the desire to serve as a proud Kellogg ambassador.
The San Francisco Winter Quarter is an accredited curricular experience. Students selected for the program will take 1.5 credits of required course work and an additional 1.5 to 3.0 credits of elective course work.
Students are responsible for managing their own internship search and interview process with additional support from KIEI and the Career Management Center.
Required courses (1.5 credits)
- KIEI 980-0: Bay Area Internship and Networking Lab (full credit)
- Internship with a growth-stage startup, or
- Internship with a VC firm (prerequisite: FINC 445)
- One of the following half-credit finance courses:
- FINC 980-5: Venture Investing, or
- FINC 982-5: Advanced Topics in Venture Investing (prerequisite: FINC 445)
- KIEI 470-0: Launching and Leading Start-Ups (full credit)
- KIEI-458-0: Product Management for Technology Companies (full credit)
- KIEI 952-5: Entrepreneurship: Building Innovation, Teams and Cultures (half credit)
- LAW: electives TBD
Please be aware that there are strict prerequisites for admission into the program.