Kellogg School of Management (Northwestern) is seeking exceptional candidates for post-doctoral fellow positions. Candidates will work in the Center for Science of Science and Innovation, directed by Prof. Dashun Wang. We have a broadly defined research agenda, exploring diverse topics related to science of science, innovation, AI, computational social science, and network science. The initial term of these positions is one year, with the possibility for renewal upon performance review. The application deadline is December 10, 2023, and the target start date is around the summer of 2024.
Our priority is to attract technically strong researchers who are interested in asking bold new questions that can be answered with data. Candidates must have a proven record of publications and completed projects that demonstrate an outstanding ability to work with data.
• Ph.D. in computational social science, complex systems, economics, physics, computer science, network science, economics, applied mathematics, or other related fields;
• Prior experience in programming and working with large-scale data;
• Active participation in the scientific community;
• Strong communication skills;
• Ability to work in a highly collaborative and interdisciplinary environment.
Applications should include:
• Cover letter describing your interest in and qualifications for this position;
• Curriculum vitae, including publications list;
• Two published papers or equivalent writing samples that best demonstrate your expertise and fit for the position;
• Research statement (2-4 pages) that outlines your research achievements and agenda, as well as your service and outreach activities;
• Names and contact information of three letter writers;
• Link to a professional webpage and Google Scholar page (if applicable).
The compensation package includes a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Applications should be submitted online at this link.
Candidates are encouraged to contact us at email@example.com with questions.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.