Make an impact beyond four walls
Experiential learning exposes you to the same challenges business leaders face every day. Working alongside faculty members, fellow students, alumni, and corporate partners, you will use strategic management concepts to solve critical business issues through special projects, labs, and courses. Choose from more than 1,000 experiential learning opportunities to find the one that speaks to you.
Courses and labs
Kellogg Experiential Learning courses provide opportunities to practice hands-on skill building with varying levels of project immersion.
Choose the type of experiential learning that's right for you:
An extension of traditional classroom lectures and case studies, some of these classes feature simulations that mirror the competitive landscape using actual market forces and conditions. Others use real-world exercises to encourage growth through mentorship and self-discovery.
Kellogg courses that feature a simulation/exercise:
Students have the opportunity to work on self-defined projects which help them put course learnings into practice.
Kellogg courses that feature a self-defined project:
Students will partner with a real company to solve critical industry problems. In these courses, the client project is just one part of a traditional course — one that comprises other elements like exams, lectures, and assignments. The client project will help students put course learnings into practice and gives exposure to different functions, industries, and companies.
Kellogg courses that feature a client project:
- ENTR 958 - Commercializing Innovations
- ENTR 973-5 - Startup Branding
- HCAK 611 - Medical Technology Financing and Commercialization
- MKTG 450 - Marketing Research and Analytics
- MKTG 949 - Ethnographic Customer Insights
- SSIM 452 - Social Innovation: Designing for Change
- SSIM 453-5 - Board Governance for Nonprofit Organizations
- SSIM 471-5 - Advanced Board Governance
- SSIM 636 - Sustainability Across the Enterprise
- SSIM 673-5 - Medical Technologies in Global Public Health
- SSIM 933 - Health and Human Rights
- SSIM 950 - Strategic Leadership in the Nonprofit Sector
- SSIM 962 - Venture Equity
- STRT 615 - Growth Strategy Practicum
Students will be fully immersed in a client project, which may include on-site visits with clients and stakeholders. The course is entirely based on the client project where students will receive exposure to different functions, industries, and companies.
Kellogg courses that feature a lab:
- FINC 456, FINC 457 & FINC 458 - Asset Management Practicum
- FINC 615 - Venture Lab
- FINC 639 - Private Equity Lab
- FINC 910 - Asset Management Lab
- INTL 615 - Global Lab
- MECN 615 - Analytical Consulting Lab
- MKTG 650 - Marketing Consulting Laboratory
- REAL 616 - Real Estate Lab
- STRT 947 - Healthcare Strategy Consulting Lab