Search committee named for Kellogg dean
Professor Janice Eberly is appointed chair of the 11-member committee
7/17/2009 - A search committee has been named to identify candidates for dean of the Kellogg School of Management, Daniel Linzer, Northwestern University provost, announced today.
The committee will be chaired by Janice Eberly, John L. and Helen Kellogg Professor of Finance, and will also be comprised of the following individuals:
- Gregory Carpenter, James Farley/Booz Allen Hamilton Professor of Marketing and Chair of the Marketing Department
- Timothy Feddersen, Wendell Hobbs Professor of Managerial Economics and Decisions Sciences
- Roxanne Hori, Assistant Dean and Director of the Kellogg School of Management Career Management Center
- Thomas Hubbard, John L. and Helen Kellogg Professor of Management and Strategy
- Bryan Law (KSM ’10), President Kellogg Student Association
- H. John Livingston (KSM ’93), Managing Partner, McKinsey & Company, Chicago
- Matthew B. McCall (KSM ’91), Managing Director, Draper Fisher Jurvetson Portage - Venture Partners and Portage Venture Partners
- Sarah Mangelsdorf, Dean, Weinberg College of Arts and Sciences
- J. Keith Murnighan, Harold H. Hines Jr. Professor of Risk Management
- Beverly Walther, Professor of Accounting
- David Van Zandt, Dean, School of Law
Linzer said that the committee will begin its work immediately and will work closely with the Kellogg community through the summer and early fall to solicit input on the desired attributes of the new dean and to seek assistance in identifying potential prospects.
“President-elect Schapiro and I look forward to receiving the advice and counsel of the Committee,” Linzer said.
The new dean will succeed Dipak Jain, who announced earlier this year that he would step down as dean of Kellogg in order to return to teaching and research as a faculty member at Kellogg.