Visas and Passports
Below please find some basic information regarding obtaining visas and passports:
- Each student has the individual responsibility to verify the visa requirements of their host country, and if necessary, to obtain their visa.
- Please look to the nearest consulate of the country you are visiting to confirm visa requirements.
- Be sure that you have all required documentation with you *before* going to the consulate
- Passports take 4-6 weeks to process if you don’t already have one..
- American passport applications are available online here or at your local post office.
- Students may need may need to relinquish their passports for visa processing, which can take anywhere from two weeks to three months! Please plan ahead.
- For additional information about passports, please see the: Northwestern Outbound Student Passport Information
- Passport and visa photos can be taken at the WildCard office at Norris