Stipend Payments and Payroll Process

As part of their financial aid package, PhD students receive a monthly stipend. Payments are made over the academic year (September through August) in 12 equal payments. Stipend payments are deposited on the last business day of the month. If your stipend payment is not credited to your bank account or you encounter any type of issue, please contact Susan Jackman.

In order to receive your first stipend payment on Wednesday, September 30, 2020, you must complete the necessary payroll paperwork with Northwestern University by September 18, 2020 at 5:00pm.

For complete details and information about the steps that need to be completed by September 18, 2020, please see the Payroll website.