Degree Enhancement Program
When you graduate with your Kellogg MBA, you’ll be equipped with a strong academic background and finely honed practical skills. But at the Kellogg School, we know there’s always more to learn. That’s why we invite you to learn more with us — even after you have graduated.
The Degree Enhancement Program allows you to take up to six Kellogg courses, free of charge, in the two academic years following your graduation. It’s an excellent opportunity to explore a new interest, pursue an extra major, develop your skills or stimulate your intellect.
Registration is done manually through the Registrar. You will receive email communication at your alumni email address approximately 3-4 weeks prior to the start of the quarter. Please contact email@example.com with questions.
Upon entry into the Degree Enhancement Program, a Part-Time MBA Program graduate will sign an agreement stating that he/she will abide by the Kellogg Honor Code and the following program guidelines:
- A maximum of six (6) Part-Time MBA Program courses can be completed with no tuition charge.
- Courses must be completed during the two academic years following graduation from Kellogg. (For example: The Class of 2013 must complete courses during the 2013-2015 school years.)
- DEP participants will be allowed to enroll in open courses after all Kellogg degree-seeking students have registered.
- DEP registration will be available after initial web registration for current students. Students in DEP will register manually with the assistance of the Part-Time MBA Program registrar and registration will be accommodated on a first come, first serve basis.
- Each quarter, DEP participants will select from a list of available courses. Courses will be based upon availability as well as faculty approval. It is up to the discretion of the faculty member to decide whether or not s/he will accept DEP students.
- Once enrolled in a course, the DEP student must satisfy the same requirements as any other student in the course. DEP students cannot use the Pass/No Credit option.
- The final grade received in the course will be included on the DEP participants’ existing Northwestern University transcript. As a result, courses taken with the Degree Enhancement Program can be used to satisfy requirements for additional majors to the participant’s MBA.
- Any DEP student who drops a course between the 3rd and 10th week of any class will forfeit his/her opportunity to register for any future courses offered in the program.
- The Kellogg School reserves the right to withdraw a student from the program at any time.
- The Kellogg School will evaluate the Degree Enhancement Program on an annual basis and reserves the right to change or cancel the program at any time.