Registration with other Northwestern Schools
Students in the Full-Time MBA program may enroll in up to one credit per quarter of non-Kellogg Northwestern classes. These classes are not available through the bidding system, so to register for them you will need to:
- Investigate course availability through the school offering the class. (View other Northwestern Schools)
- Contact the department offering the class, and request a permission number. *(For Medill classes, you must obtain permission from the department)
- Bring or email the permission number/email approval to the Kellogg Office of Registration, to process the enrollment.
Please note that you must adhere to the add/drop dates listed in the University Registrar's Academic Calendar.
GPA, Term Limits, and Degree Hours
Non-Kellogg Northwestern classes will count in your GPA and your 5-credit per-term limit, but will not count towards your degree hours unless you receive approval from Academic Services. To count towards your degree, a class must be:
- relevant to your career or academic goals
- must have content not available through any Kellogg course
You may petition to have a non-Kellogg class count towards your degree by emailing the above information to email@example.com.
Audting and Pass/No-Credit
To audit a non-Kellogg class, or take it Pass/No-Credit, you will need to work with the department offering the class for permission.