Supervised Students, Theses and Projects
PhD Advisor: principal advisor of:
Xiaoyuan Lu (Kellogg PhD 2007). Now assistant Professor of Operations,
Technology and Innovation Management (OTIM) at Kenan-Flagler
Business School, University of North Carolina.
2. Tingliang Huang (Kellogg PhD 2011). Now Assistant Professor at University College London.
3. Ruomeng Cui.
PhD Theses: co-advisor and/or dissertation committee member of
- Bingxiao Wu (Kellogg OM PhD in second year)
- Umut Aytekin (IEMS 2005)
- Biying Shou (IEMS 2004).
- Gilles Reinhardt (MECS 1998), "Coal Movement By Railroad." Assistant Professor, De Paul University
- Jennifer Ryan (IEMS 1997), "Analysis of Inventory Models with Limited Demand Information." Assistant Professor, Purdue University.
Master Theses: supervisor of WHU EMBA students:
- Process Flow Analysis and Optimization for a Medium Size Manufacturer of Power Transformers - An Operations Management Study. By Dr.-Ing. Mario Schenk, Aug 2006.
- How to measure the efficiency in your two-tiered marketing channel. Study case: Hewlett-Packard EMEA Supplies Business. By Danijel Puco, Aug 2006.
- Operational Efficiency in Asset Management. By Peter Richter, 2005.
- Lear Corp.: supplying interior products to GM's Opel Leanfield. By Hubert Fisher, Dec. 2003.
- Hammoud Hospital: Applying operations management analysis to improve the performance of the operating rooms. By Diana Hammoud, Sept 2003.
- Amer Sports Europe: Re-designing the European Distribution Logistics for a Multi-Brand Consumer Goods Company. By Thomas Henkel, Dec 2002.
- Managing customer-centric value networks. By Christoph Lieth, June 2002.
- Bombardier Transportation Italy: Internal Material Supply in the Italian Railways Industry. By Karsten Drath, Dec 2001.
- Analysis of Procurement using an acquisition card. By Jesus Lopez Marin, Dec 2001.
- e-Supply Chain Management - The Impact of E -Commerce on Traditional Supply Chain Management. By Michael Wiedemann, Dec 2000.
Independent Studies/Integration Projects: supervisor of
- Measuring supplier flexibility for Harley Davidson. By Bruno Carriel, Sumanth Gargi, Alvin Leung, Alejandro Solis Yamuni, and Chetan Paydenkar. Spring 2009.
- Sourcing strategy for ITW Paslode. By Ernest Chan, Craig Lan, Joel Mendel and Andre Ohnona. March 2008.
- Integration of two ITW Food Equipment Group businesses. By Erik Conroy, Brandon L. Edlefsen, Shuchi Gupta, Pankaj Jaggi, Alex Riemer. March 2007.
- Acquisition and Plant Integration at ITW Shakeproof. By Luis X. Aleman, Rachel A. Brecher, Carla C. Esteva, Matthew C Lippert, Lynn Valcarcel. March 2006.
- Global Capacity Planning at Abbott International. By Jason Braun, Leo Castro, Lewis Lin, Scott Pitcock, Ulrich Seidel. April 2004.
- Eastman Resins. By Chris Pratt, Katerina Athanasopoulos, Tomo Hosoda, Juhan Kim, Emily Sun. May 2003.
- Sun Microsystems: supplier management. By Michael Goldstein,Doug Leadon, Jack Lee. April 2002.
- Eaton Corporation: Product Profitability Assessment. By Robb Hoenick, Southard Jones, Hideaki Omura, Trey Pruitt . May 2001.
Last Updated by Jan A. Van Mieghem June 6, 2012.