Student Resources

Update Personal Information:
gray_arrow_right FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act)
gray_arrow_right Social Security Number
gray_arrow_right Emergency Contact Person
gray_arrow_right Address & Phone #s
gray_arrow_right To update your name, please contact or visit the PTMBA office to complete the necessary paperwork.


Abbott Hall, 710 N. Lake Shore Drive, is home to the university bookstore, General Services, Student Accounts, the Bursar's office, the WildCARD office, and a US Bank cash station machine.

Northwestern University is a member of the Big Ten Conference and the National Collegiate Athletic Association. Ryan Field, 1501 Central St., is home to Wildcat football, field hockey and soccer, and houses the ticket office for campus athletic events.

McGaw Memorial Hall houses Welsh-Ryan Arena, the site of Wildcat basketball, wrestling and volleyball, as well as an indoor running track and an enclosed area for hitting golf balls. Call (847) 491-2287 or click here for more information.

Located on the first floor of Abbott Hall (710 N. Lake Shore Drive), the bookstore carries all required textbooks for Part-Time MBA Program courses, plus stationery items and computer supplies. Call (312) 503-8486 for bookstore hours. Click here to check on the availability of a textbook.

All NU students have the same ticket privileges for on-campus plays and concerts. Tickets may be purchased at Norris University Center in Evanston at the ticket window for a discount with your WildCARD. In addition, Pick-Staiger Concert Hall, (847) 491-5441, and the Theatre Interpretation Center, (847) 491-7282, sponsor many concert and theater events.

CAPS has a team of highly trained professionals who provide counseling, workshops, and outreach programs for students.  Students are encouraged to contact CAPS for counsel or advice. Students may take part in individual counseling, psychiatric services and psychoeducational and therapeutic groups. For more information or to set up an appointment on either campus, please call (847) 491-2151.

The Kellogg Emporium is your store for Kellogg School gear. The Emporium in Wieboldt Hall is open from 4:00 PM to 8:00 PM when classes are in session, except the first week of the quarter.

Information regarding the financial aid application process, deadlines, and required application forms can be found on the Chicago Office of Financial Aid website.  If you have any questions about the application process, you may contact the Financial Aid Office at (312) 503-8722 or email Raquel Brown, the representative for the Part-Time MBA program.  

The Joseph Schaffner Library, located on the second floor of Wieboldt Hall, provides library services to Kellogg students. Reference materials, mini-searches and a coin-operated photocopier are just a few of the services offered. Call (312) 503-8422 for hours throughout the academic year.

The main library on the Evanston campus is also available to Part-Time MBA Program students. Books borrowed from Evanston may be returned there or at Schaffner Library. For more information, call (847) 491-7658 or visit the Schaffner Library Business Databases and Research Guides.

The University is not responsible for the theft, loss or damage of personal property in any University building. The lost and found service for Wieboldt Hall is in the School of Continuing Studies office on the 6th floor. Please also check with the PTMBA front desk on floor 2M.

There is a student lounge/cafeteria on the third floor of Wieboldt Hall where meals and snacks can be purchased in the Kafe Kellogg. The Kafe offers salads, sandwiches, beverages, fruit, yogurt, candy and other snacks. It is open from 4:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 8:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. on Saturday while classes are in session.

Student mailboxes are located on the first floor of 340 East Superior Street. The mailboxes are for all currently-registered students. Mailboxes are changed every quarter and are used to distribute information to students. It is important to check your mailbox on a regular basis.

All NU students with a current WildCARD ID are able to use the recreational facilities on both the Chicago and Evanston campuses. The facilities are listed below. For further details, call (847) 491-4300.

On the Chicago campus, students in the Part-Time MBA Program may use the facilities at:
  • Holmes Place Health Club, 355 E. Grand Avenue, Chicago, (312) 467-1111. Facilities at Holmes Place include: a swimming pool, hydrotherapy pool, sauna and steam room, 4 group exercise studios, including dedicated Spinning and Pilates Reformer studios, weights, and a cardiovascular room. Click here for more information regarding fitness and recreation facilities (including club membership rates) available on the Chicago campus.
On the Evanston campus, there are:

  • Henry Crown Sports Pavilion and Dellora A. and Lester J. Norris Aquatics Center, 2379 Sheridan Road, Evanston, (847) 491-4300. The Crown Sports Pavilion and Norris Aquatics Center (SPAC) is a multipurpose sports complex on the Evanston campus. This impressive facility houses seven racquetball courts, three squash courts, an indoor track, four multipurpose courts for tennis or basketball, an Olympic-size swimming pool, conditioning rooms with Nautilus equipment and exercise bicycles, an outdoor sundeck, locker rooms with saunas, a pro shop, a towel service and an indoor lounge with vending machines.
  • Blomquist Recreational Center, 617 Foster St., Evanston, (847) 491-7250. This multipurpose facility houses three areas for basketball, tennis, soccer, floor hockey and aerobics classes. 
  • Patten Recreation Center, 2407 Sheridan Road, Evanston, (847) 491-4099. Patten is the headquarters for all club sports and houses basketball courts, a fencing practice room, a conditioning room with free weights, Nautilus equipment and exercise bicycles and a swimming pool.

Research Tools:
gray_arrow_right Research Centers
gray_arrow_right Schaffner Library
gray_arrow_right Business Databases

Students who need assistance due to any disability must notify the Services for Students with Disabilities Office, 601 University Place, 847.467.5530 or TTY.467.5533, e-mail The SSD office will provide documentation that will be used to secure additional test time or special assistance.

Part-time students may enroll in optional clinic or comprehensive health insurance. For more information on health insurance and/or how to sign up for coverage, contact the Insurance Office at (847) 491-2113. Click here for more information on University Health Services.

If you or someone you know is in need of counseling for alcohol and/or substance abuse, contact the Alcohol/Substance Abuse Education Department at (847) 467-2840.

University Police is responsible for the enforcement of University regulations, municipal and state laws, and parking control and safety on both the Chicago and Evanston campuses.

All incidents reported are assigned to an officer for investigation. The patrol divisions also provide a number of other services which include crime prevention, lost and found, and general public assistance. University Police officers on the Chicago campus are commissioned by the Chicago Police Department as auxiliary police officers and have arrest powers and carry sidearms.

Please report any suspicious persons, circumstances or emergencies to (312) 503-3456. For non-emergencies, call (312) 503-8314. When leaving Wieboldt Hall after dark, try to be accompanied by another person or call University Police for an escort to your car.

Information about campus crime and crime prevention programs offered by the University can be found here

Kellogg does not offer videotaping of classes for student viewing as attending and participating in classes is key to the educational process. Also, videotaping sometimes may inhibit participation or encourage absence. Students who must miss a class for an unavoidable reason (i.e. work, religious, or medical) should ask a classmate to take notes or request faculty permission to allow a classmate to audio record the class. Students may check out audio recording devices in advance by emailing or visiting the KIS help desk in Room 125.  Extenuating circumstances will be reviewed on a case by case basis. 

The WildCARD, or student ID card, may be obtained through the WildCARD Office in Abbott Hall. Uses of the WildCARD include: checking out library materials, parking, and obtaining access to resource areas in Wieboldt Hall.  Discounts at area businesses are also available. For current hours and more information regarding the use of your WildCARD, click here or call (312) 503-0548.

If your Wildcard does not work to get into the resource areas in Wieboldt, please visit the PTMBA office and fill out a Wildcard Access form.