- Course Management & Registration
- Student Affairs
- Graduation Central
- Student Clubs & Events
- Career Resources
- Student Resources
- Student Services
- Technology & Computing
- News & Publications
Ten Ninety Brewing Company
Web Registration Resources
Once you have familiarized yourself with the rules, instructions, and all other applicable information, you may enter the Course Registration System. Evening Students and KPPI 440A
IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE YOU REGISTER:
• The shopping cart opens to all students prior to web registration. You can put classes into your cart, but it is not considered an enrollment transaction.
• HOLDS: If you have a hold on your account, you will not be able to register. Check your student account via CAESAR so that you can make certain that you do not have any holds. Students must work with the appropriate office to have the hold removed. If you have a financial hold on your student record, you will need to contact Student Accounts at (312) 503-8503 and clear your record with them before you can register. If you have a health hold on your account, please contact NU Health Services at (847) 491-2203. For all other holds, please contact Sarah Francis at (312) 503-8385.
• Saturday students register for Saturday classes first (Thursday/Friday – Sunday). First Year students in the traditional program are batch enrolled by the Registrar and do not register online for the first four quarters.
• Then evening students register for evening classes the following week (Monday – Saturday). Registration time is based on seniority of credits. Students with the most completed credits register first followed by those with fewer credits. The number of credits is based on completed credits as of the previous quarter. It does not include in-progress credits. It includes transfer credits, but NOT waivers.
• Be sure to check when you are eligible to register. There is a separate registration calendar for traditional and Accelerated Option (AO) students. Registration calendars are posted under the Web Registration Resources page every quarter.
• Following this, there are two subsequent add/drop periods where all classes are open to all students and can add/drop classes during this time. IMPORTANT: If you are dropping ALL classes, you will need to come into the PTMBA office and fill out a withdrawal form.
• An evening student cannot register for a Saturday class until add/drop 1. A Saturday student cannot register for an evening class until add/drop 1.
• Add/drop 2 continues through the first week of classes. However, you will not be able to add a class via the web registration system that has already taken place that first week. You will have up until the class begins on the night of the class to add it online. (Ex: You are not able to add a Monday class online after 6:00pm on Monday night.) You will need the professor's written approval to add the class after this time, and contact email@example.com. You can drop a class online at any time during add/drop 2.
• Students can register for up to three credits. This excludes KPPI 440A which is a half-credit course that is a required course, but not charged for tuition. Students can register for three credits AND KPPI 440A.
• ALL students in the traditional program: As stated in the Program Planning Guide, all 9 core courses and KPPI 440A must be completed within the first 12 credits of study (including transfer credits). Students who do not complete the core courses and KPPI 440A within this time frame will have a hold placed on their record that will prevent them from registering for the next quarter. Please plan accordingly.
• Students must have a valid NetID and password to access the web registration system. It is recommended that students try logging into the web registration system beforehand to ensure access is possible. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with NetID issues.
• DEP students do not register online. Registration information is sent to them via their alumni email address.
• All questions should be directed to email@example.com.
• Click here for instructions on how to use the web registration system.
• If you try to register for a class that is already full, you will automatically be added to the wait list. IMPORTANT: Please read the Wait List/Auto Drop section below on selecting an auto drop course in order to avoid being skipped over on a waitlist if a seat becomes available.
• You cannot register for a class that has a time conflict with another class that you are already registered for.
• You cannot register for a course if you do not have the prerequisites (the system is configured to check this).
• Section Descriptions:
71*- PT evening class at Wieboldt from 6-9pm
72*- PT evening class at Wieboldt from 6-9pm
76*- PT Saturday class at Wieboldt either from 9:00am-12:00pm or 1:30pm-4:30pm
31- Shared section between PT and FT. Class is held at Wieboldt from 6:00-9:00pm
81- Shared section between PT and FT. Class is held at Jacobs in Evanston from 6:30-9:30pm
*This excludes KPPI 440A which is held over the weekend. Please check the course schedule for specific dates and times. Please read the KPPI 440A section below for important information on how the course is structured.
All other section numbers are FT classes held during the day up in Evanston.
The course ID suffix 'A' denotes a .5 credit 1st 5 week course.
The course ID suffix 'B' denotes a .5 credit 2nd 5 week course.
KPPI 440A (formerly SEEK) Information
• KPPI 440A is a ½ credit class and is required for all students. There is no tuition charge for KPPI 440A.
• KPPI 440A must not conflict with attending Leadership Core Series.
• Evening sections (71 & 72): Evening sections are offered quarterly. Each section will take place over two consecutive Friday/Saturday weekends. The first weekend will be scheduled for Friday evening 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. and Saturday 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. The concluding sessions will be the following weekend on Friday evening 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. and Saturday 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
• To register for KPPI 440A, you must register for a 1-credit course first.
Evening students in the Traditional Program: KPPI 440A must be completed within the first 12 credits of study (including transfer credits).
• Evening students in the Accelerated Option: KPPI 440A must be taken in the first half of your program.
Saturday Students and KPPI 440A
• Saturday section (76): The Saturday section is offered once a year and takes place over two consecutive Sundays in the Fall quarter.
• Saturday students in the traditional program: You will be batch enrolled in KPPI 440A by the Registrar in the Fall quarter of your first year.
Wait List/Auto Drop Overview
• During web registration and add/drop periods, you can add yourself to sections that have open seats. For sections that have no available seats, you can add yourself to the bottom of the wait list.
• IMPORTANT: If you are put on any wait lists and you are already registered for the desired number of classes that you want to take for that quarter, and/or you are registered for the maximum number of classes allowed (3), please be sure to select an auto drop class for each wait listed class on the “My Classes” tab of the web registration system under the “Waitlist” section. Be sure to hit SAVE! If you do not have an auto drop class selected, you will be skipped over if a seat becomes available in the class you are trying to get into.
• Students can view where they are at on a waitlist under the “Rank” column.
• The same registered course can be the drop candidate for both of the wait list positions. However, the first course that gets auto-promoted will be the only one to use the 'Auto Drop' feature.
• Automatic Promotion from the Wait List
When a student drops a course that has a wait list, the first person on the wait list will automatically get promoted into the class only IF they have indicated an auto-drop course. The system will only allow three registered courses. Therefore it is important to select an auto drop course for each wait listed course.
Evening Students and KPPI 440A