The Kellogg Part-Time Program offers the same degree as the Kellogg School's Full-Time MBA Program. The part-time program is designed for working professionals who wish to earn a Kellogg MBA on a part-time basis. Though the part-time program has a separate application, admission standards for the program are identical to those of the full-time program. Candidates may apply either to the part-time program or the full-time program, but not both at the same time.
Admission is granted on the assumption that a bachelor's degree or equivalent will have been conferred by the time the student enters the school. The Admissions Committee evaluates the applicant's scholastic ability, qualities of character and motivation, evidence of leadership and managerial promise.
Those who wish to register for any course taught through the Kellogg School must first be admitted to the Kellogg School of Management; the Kellogg School does not offer a student-at-large program.
How to Apply
At the time of application, candidates will select a preference for the Evening or Saturday Part-Time MBA Programs.
The Kellogg Part-Time Program has rolling admissions and each application cycle consists of two rounds, however, there is not a preference given for Round 1 versus Round 2. We admit candidates based on the quality of the applicant profile, not timing of the application. The Rounds allow the candidate the opportunity to apply early and know of the admission committee's decision.
The application and its accompanying components may be completed and submitted in any order. However all application components must be completed and submitted by 11:59 p.m. CST on the application deadline of the session for which admission is requested. The application components are:
- Kellogg Part-Time Program application
- Recommendations - using the Kellogg Part-Time Program application form
- Official transcripts
- GMAT/GRE test taken
- Interview - with a member of the Kellogg Part-Time Program staff
The Admissions Committee carefully appraises the following:
1. Application and Essays: Click here to apply online.
2. Official Transcripts: The Kellogg School requires official transcripts from all universities and colleges attended in the United States and abroad, whether the applicant graduated from the institution or took just one class. Official transcripts must be submitted in a sealed envelope with a signature or seal of the university registrar.
For those who have attended an undergraduate or graduate institution abroad and who cannot obtain official mark sheets in a timely manner, we will accept a notarized photocopy of the original mark sheet/transcript.
All transcripts/mark sheets should be in English or transcribed to English (by way of educational transcription services).
3. Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examinations (GRE): All applicants are required to take the GMAT or the GRE and submit a valid test score (taken within the last five years). It is the responsibility of the applicant to obtain information related to taking the GMAT/GRE. Information can be obtained at gmat.com. The GMAT code for the Kellogg Part-Time MBA Program is: 6WZ 3J 66. The Kellogg School's GRE code is 7921. The TOEFL exam is not required for application to the Kellogg Part-Time Programs.
4. Letters of Recommendation: The Part-Time MBA Program requires two letters of recommendation from persons who can evaluate on-the-job performance and the applicant's potential for a successful management career. One of the letters must be from the candidate's current, direct supervisor.
5. Interview: Each applicant must participate in a personal interview with a representative of the Part-Time MBA Program before the application is considered complete. The interview provides important insight into an applicant's accomplishments in full- and part-time work settings and extracurricular activities, as well as indications of an applicant's career potential, and focus and plans to complete the Master of Business Administration program.
||Scheduling an Interview
||The Kellogg Part-Time MBA Program conducts admissions interviews Monday - Friday between 9 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. at our downtown Chicago campus - 340 East Superior Street. We also offer interviews on Saturdays.
Upcoming Saturday Interview Days include:
Interview slots do fill quickly, please try to schedule your interview as early as possible.
To schedule your interview, contact the Part-Time MBA Program office at 312.503.8385.
We encourage you to take advantage of visiting a class the day you interview. If interviewing during the week, please request an afternoon interview time (3:00 or 4:00 p.m.). If interviewing on a Saturday, a class visit can be arranged in the morning or in the afternoon. Visit our Class Visit page for more information. Please note that we do not have Friday classes in the Part-Time MBA Programs.
The application does not need to be submitted prior to the interview.
Please bring a current résumé to your admissions interview.
6. Application Fee: All applicants pay an application fee of $185.
Decision Notification: Notification of the Admissions Committee's decision usually occurs two to six weeks after the application and all supporting materials have been received by the Part-Time MBA Program.