Cap and Gown
Custom purple rental gowns are the regalia standard and must be worn by all participating candidates.
- Cap and gown are designed for Northwestern and feature the University crest.
- Tassels feature the Northwestern seal signet and are worn on the left side at all times.
- Candidates may not alter or decorate their regalia in any way or wear additional articles not directly related to academic merit. Doing so may interfere with your ability to participate.
- Advanced degree candidates wear hoods.
- The lining of the Northwestern hood is purple and gold, and the color of the velvet border of the hood is acorn.
- Kellogg's tassels are acorn colored.
All degree candidates may retain their cap and keepsake tassel.
How to Order
Caps and Gowns may be ordered through the Herff Jones website.
THE DEADLINE FOR STUDENT REGALIA ORDERS IS: FRIDAY, MAY 15, 2015
The rental fee is $66.63 cash (cap, gown and hood).
Cap and Gown Pickup
Pick up at Norris on Wednesday, June 17 between 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Pick up at Wieboldt Hall during the following times:
Monday, June 15 - 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Tuesday, June 16 - 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Wednesday, June 17 - 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Thursday, June 18 - 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Part-Time Saturday students traveling in for graduation:
If these pickup times do not work for you, please contact Alana Weisberg.
Late Orders - You will need to pick up your cap and gown at Norris on Wednesday, June 17 between 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. $80 cash only.
Let your friends and family know about the big day! More information will be coming soon.
If participating in the ceremony:
You will receive your diploma after you have exited the stage.
- Full time students
In order to graduate in Spring 2015, you must complete the Application for Degree Form which also notes how you would like your name to appear on your diploma and in the graduation program.
- Part time students
All graduating PT students should have already submitted an Application for Degree. If you have not, please contact Kelloggemail@example.com as soon as possible.
Diploma name submission:
If you have not already done so, please record the pronunciation of your name in the on-line Student Directory. This may be accomplished using your laptop, and instructions can be found here.
A professional photographer from Grad Images will take two photos of each graduate:
- Prior to entering the stage; and
- When the graduate shakes the hand of Dean Blount
Color proofs of these photos will be emailed to you within a week after graduation. Enlargements will be available at a reasonable price.
Friends and parents are encouraged to relax in their seats and limit their personal picture taking to before or after the presentation of diplomas.