This page contains information for newly admitted two-year MBA/MMM and 1Y students hoping to move into McManus.
McManus Center Application
All admitted students will have access to the online housing application on April 1, 2015.
Students who have submitted both:
- Their tuition deposit to our admissions office indicating their intent to enroll and
- Their McManus Center applications by May 1, 2015, will be randomly assigned a lottery number. Apartment assignments will be made according to the lottery numbers. Students who submit their applications after May 1, 2015, will be assigned apartments on a first-come, first-served basis. If we are unable to accommodate all the requests, a waiting list will be established, and assignments will be made from the waiting list throughout the summer.
1Y and MMM students will be notified of whether or not you have received an apartment assignment via e-mail on May 8, 2015. You must then confirm the assignment and pay your $300 housing prepayment to your CAESAR account by May 15, 2015. Once the deposit is received, you will be sent an e-mail link to your online housing terms and conditions so that you can sign and submit it.
2Y students will be notified of whether or not you have received an apartment assignment via e-mail on May 15, 2015. You must then confirm the assignment and pay your $300 housing prepayment to your CAESAR account by May 29, 2015. Once the deposit is received, you will be sent an e-mail link to your online housing terms and conditions so that you can sign and submit it.
If you need additional information about individual apartments, please see our page on Floor Plans and Rental Rates or speak to Janet Olsen in Student Affairs.
Please note that submitting an application by the May 1 deadline does not guarantee that you will receive housing in McManus. For the past few years, there has been a waitlist for new students, and we have unfortunately not been able to accommodate everyone who was interested.
Housing Application due date: Friday, May 1, 2015. This housing link will take you to the Northwestern University Residential Services home page. Please go to the Kellogg School of Management field at the bottom of the page to access the McManus applications. This link applies only to those who have submitted a tuition deposit. Please allow 24-72 hours for this deposit to be reflected in our system.
We ask that students please refrain from submitting a parking application until they have received a housing assignment.
Parking is available to all residents through Residential Services. Please contact Marisa DeRose for more information.
The Parking Application has no due date, though parking will be assigned first-come first-served. Copies of auto insurance and vehicle registration will need to be turned in to receive and keep a parking space.
Graduate Housing Assistants (GHAs)
McManus Graduate Housing Assistants are full-time Kellogg students who run programming, perform on-call duty, and provide other assistance to the building’s residents.
The Graduate Housing Assistant staff (GHAs) work with an incredibly diverse group of residents that have come from all over the world to study a variety of disciplines at Northwestern University. Many of the residents in the graduate housing residence halls are the partners, spouses or children of students. GHAs work to build a strong and unique sense of community for graduate students who choose to live in the McManus, Engelhart & Seabury graduate apartments. GHAs serve as role models and resources within the community and strive to ensure the buildings remain secure and in working order for residents.
The role of the GHA is to serve students by:
- Planning and implementing educational and social programming
- Serve as a campus resource by responding to inquiries
- Ensuring that good customer service is extended during the evenings and on weekends
- Promoting safety and responsibility by monitoring the facilities
- Assisting students during emergency or crises
If you have any questions about this position, please talk to a current GHA, Janet Olsen or Erin Boyce.
GHA applications will be accepted on a rolling basis through 4/15/15.