Please note, payment should only be made once an event has been approved. Payment may be made in two ways (we prefer you use option 2, but that requires more advanced planning):
Payments to Businesses (LLC or INC)
: A student can charge an event to their personal credit card, get an itemized receipt from the venue, and file for reimbursement (How to file is listed in #11
: A check can be cut directly from club funds for payment and mailed to the venue/vendor once event approval has been granted. Please mark that you intend to pay by NU check on your "Event Planning Form". To do so, your group's treasurer
will need to submit the following to the metal drop box located in front of the Club Coordinator's desk in Student Affairs (Room 104):
- An itemized invoice
- A venue completed w-9 form
- A completed SOFO Voucher Form (Club Coordinator has extra copies in office)
For events where attendance may vary, please get an initial invoice for the minimum required amount needed to hold the event. Any amount over and above the initial invoice amount will need to be paid either by second venue invoice and University Check or by student credit card and reimbursement.
Please note that invoices take around 2-3 weeks to pay a venue/vendor (processing time, plus snail mail). Please be sure to set vendor expectations on payment timeline.
Payments to performers or individuals (Sole Proprietorship)
For payment to performers or individuals (DJ, Referee, Bands, etc.) follow the steps below:
- If the performer/individual provides a contract, use the normal contract approval process as usual (See #5 above for contract process).
- If the performer/individual does not provide a contract, you will first need to have them sign this NU contract, and then submit it through the normal contract approval process.
- All individual performers (i.e. not incorporated, or an LLC) will need to be paid by itemized invoice and University check only. Students may never pay individuals directly.
- Along with the itemized invoice, have the vendor fill out and submit a w-9 signed in this calendar year.
- Once the contract is approved through Student Affairs, your group's treasurer can submit the itemized invoice, w-9 and completed SOFO voucher form to the metal box in the Club Coordinator's Office in RM 104.