Good news! This process is a simple one. Just follow the steps below and wait for approval.
1. Look to see if your desired event venue is on the "pre-contracted venues list
". Please note, venues not on that list may take 3 or more weeks to get approved.
2. No matter what venue you choose, please make a reservation with the venue to hold a spot. Never put money down to do so. Do not advertise any event until it has been fully approved.
3. Submit an "Event Planning Form
" to email@example.com
or see the Club Coordinator in the Student Affairs Office, Room 104. If the venue needs a contract signed (anything with a signature line) it will need to be processed as well. Please remember, students are never permitted to sign contracts or agreements (See #5
below for more info on how to process a venue contract for approval).
4. The Club Coordinator will contact the vendor and make sure all the necessary paperwork is submitted for approval.
5. You will be contacted when your event has been approved. Once approved, you may begin advertising the event and payment may be made to the venue (see #10 below on paying a venue/vendor after approval).
6. Get a tax exemption form from the Student Affairs (RM 104) front desk to give to venue (See #11
below for info on the reimbursement process).