Research Computing >> Software >> TEX, LATEX
TEX AND LATEX RESOURCES
Note: See also the pages on bibliography management software, text-editors, and utilities for resources related to TEX. The samples () page includes some batch files for use with MiKTEX.
- LATEX Tips & Tricks
- Man pages for teTEX, the package installed in skew3
- The U.K. list of TEX frequently asked questions. Also available in PDF format
- The Not So Short Introduction to LATEX, PDF file (106 pages)
- TEX Users Group (TUG)
- TEX Usenet news group
- TEX resources, University of Pennsylvania
- TEX, LATEX, BibTEX links from the Open Directory Project. Includes links to converters between MS Word, WordPerfect, RTF files, etc and LATEX
- Using Imported Graphics in LATEX2e by Keith Reckdahl
- LATEX, Emacs etc. for your PC: A page indicating what packages to download, how to install and test a full installation of MiKTEX on a Windows workstation.
- American Mathematical Society TEX resources page
- Text processing using LATEX, from the University of Cambridge
- TexPoint: a PowerPoint add-in that allows the use of LATEX symbols and formulas in PowerPoint
Available in the Research Computing Library.
- Goossens, Michel, Frank Mittelbach and Alexander Samarin (1994).The LATEX Companion. Addison-Wesley.
- Goossens, Michel, Sebastian Rahtz and Frank Mittelbach (1997). The LATEX Graphics Companion. Illustrating documents with TEX and PostScript. Addison-Wesley.
- Grätzer, George (2000). Math Into LATEX, Birkhäuser Springer, third edition.
- Kopka, Helmut and Patrick W. Daly (1999). A Guide to LATEX. Document Preparation for Beginners and Advanced Users. Addison-Wesley, Third edition.
- Lamport, Leslie (1994). LATEX. A Document Preparation System. User's Guide and Reference Manual. Addison-Wesley, second edition.
Freeware: (see the TEX Users Group for more links)