Research Computing >> Software >> Other software
OTHER SOFTWARE PACKAGES
This page provides a brief decription and links to software packages used by some of Kellogg's faculty and doctoral students.
- IMSL version 3.0, a FORTRAN Mathematics and Statistics library is available in some hosts of the DCE/DFS system. It is installed with a single-user license. The vendor, Visual Numerics, has the documentation online
- EViews, from Quantitative Micro Software. A graphical object-oriented econometrics package with emphasis in time series.
- MathType, an add-in to Microsoft Word that replaces the Equation Editor with enhanced capabilities.
- PrimoPDF, a free PDF converter for MS Windows (based on AFPL Ghostscript)
- Ox, an object-oriented matrix language with syntax similar to the C, C++ and Java languages. The "console" version of Ox is free for academic research use and is available for Windows, as well as Linux and Unix operating systems. It is installed in the Social Science Computing Cluster.
- QSR International (Nvivo): Content analysis, code-based qualitative analysis.
- TDA (Transition Data Analysis), a software for Event History Analysis. Available as freeware.
- UCINET: For analysis of actor by actor social network data. The DOS version (version IV) can be downloaded for free.
- Vensim: For development and analysis of dynamic feedback models.
- XY Chart Labeler, a free Excel add-in to add labels to the observations in a scatter plot. After installation, look for the add-in file in "Program Files > AppsPro".