Essentials of Fundraising & Marketing
September 16-18, 2013
Application Deadline: September 13, 2013, 10 a.m.
What comes first - The money or the donors?
"Where will the money come from?"
"How can we let more people know about our program?"
These two issues, marketing and fundraising are critical to the success of all nonprofit organizations. The objective of this course is to allow nonprofit leaders the opportunity to develop skills to evaluate, change and implement new and effective marketing and fundraising programs. Participants will learn how to assess their current situations and to think creatively when searching for resources and tools relevant to advancing their organizations. They will learn to look at their markets, find where donors live and work, see how researchers segment communities.
Who should attend?
- Executive Directors and CEO's
- Senior nonprofit executives with responsibility for marketing and fundraising
- Board members of nonprofit organizations
What will participants learn?
- The role of leadership in fundraising and marketing
- Marketing & solicitation strategies for different categories and types of donors
- An understanding of the marketing mix most effective for a nonprofit organization
- The role that "brand" image plays in an organization
Key benefits of this program:
- How to effectively evaluate your marketing and fundraising efforts
- How to think strategically about a marketing and fundraising plan
- Best practices from successful nonprofit organizations