Developing High Performing People
March 11-12, 2013
Application Deadline: March 8, 2013, 10 a.m.
Successful nonprofit organizations have strong leaders who develop those within the organization leading to greater success. This program will teach nonprofit executives the key concepts they need to attract, retain and develop high performing people committed to the mission of their organizations. Topics include Authentic Leadership and Meaningful Work, Critical Issues in Human Resources, Creating the Best Job Descriptions, and The Art of Having Difficult Conversations.
What will participants learn?
- How to effectively communicate expectations and values to employees
- How to build solid practices in human resources
- How to understand emotional intelligence and the role it plays in having difficult yet effective conversations
- How to prepare the organization for a leadership transition
Key benefits of this program:
- Think strategically about the “people” resources of your organization
- Learn to communicate your values to all stakeholders
- Understand the importance of a leadership succession plan for the paid and volunteer leaders of your organization