The DRRC's research agenda is carried out through eight ongoing programs:
- The grants program funds small research studies and provides seed money for major studies.
- The dinner colloquium provides an opportunity for the exchange of ideas between researchers and practitioners.
- The research seminar series enables faculty and students to keep abreast of the latest research being done at Northwestern and other universities.
- The work-in-progress seminars are a forum for sharing ideas that are under development, and an opportunity for researchers to receive advice about their research plans.
- The post-doctoral program provides an opportunity for new Ph.D.s, trained in the disciplines, to become involved in research and teaching in the area of negotiation and dispute resolution.
Conferences provide opportunities to integrate a variety of perspectives on negotiation and dispute resolution topics.
- The working paper series disseminates the research being supported by the DRRC.
- The visiting faculty program provides an opportunity for in-depth discussions and the development of new research collaborations between faculty from other institutions and faculty and students associated with DRRC.