- Course Management & Registration
- Student Affairs
- Graduation Central
- Student Clubs & Events
- Career Resources
- Student Resources
- Student Services
- Technology & Computing
- News & Publications
USAID executive education program
Business Analytics Prep Course
Business Analytics Prep is a new required course if you are taking DECS 430, that serves as preparation for the Business Analytics sequence. It covers descriptive data analysis, sampling, probability theory, independence and conditional probability, random variables and statistical inference. The course includes interactive exercises that let students check their progress. Students are required to work through the course in its entirety – including the ‘checkpoint’ questions that follow each chapter – prior to taking DECS 430. Completion of this online course will be considered in your overall grade of the DECS 430 course. Students' progress will be monitored. Access will be provided throughout the duration of the program.
Instructions for accessing Business Analytics Prep:
- Log into Blackboard via https://courses.northwestern.edu/. (NOTE: You will receive email noticiation once the prep course has been added to your Blackboard account.)
- Within your My Courses area, select the Business Analytics Prep Course.
Note: By default, when you enter a course that is in-progress, you will be prompted with the option to resume from where you left off.
Course Syllabus: The student syllabus provides the course outline and list of assignments for review.
Resume where you last left off: Click here to return to your last save point to continue the course.
System Check: If this is your first time using OLI on a computer, select the System Check link to review the system requirements (operating system, web browser and other software) for this course. It is recommended to confirm that your computer meets these requirements by selecting the Test Your System button to complete the automated System Compatibility Test. If you would like to perform the system check prior to course log in, click here.
My Score: This area serves as your gradebook and will show progress and scores of the modules that you complete.
- Select the System Check link to review the system requirements for this course. Select the Test Your System button to complete the automated System Compatibility Test, and then proceed. If you have already completed the test, skip to the next step.
- Select the Course Syllabus link and review the assignments.
- Click a content link to begin.
- Complete all chapters and checkpoints.
If you have any questions about the course, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. We guarantee a response within 20 minutes in the following time windows: Sunday - Friday 4 p.m. - 9 p.m., Saturday 10 a.m. - 3 p.m Central Time.