From arts and entertainment to dining, shopping and sports, Chicago offers something for every taste.
The Art Institute of Chicago, Field Museum and Museum of Science and Industry are renowned for their world-class collections. Chicago is also world-famous for its music scene, which includes everything from blues clubs and jazz to opera and the Chicago Symphony Orchestra. The birthplace of the skyscraper, the city is home to dozens of architectural landmarks including the Willis Tower, John Hancock Building and Navy Pier.
Chicago is a hub for professional sports activity. The city is home to:
- Chicago Bulls (National Basketball Association)
- Chicago Bears (National Football League)
- Chicago Cubs and Chicago White Sox (Major League Baseball)
- Chicago Blackhawks (National Hockey League)
- Chicago Fire (Major League Soccer)
- Chicago Soccer (Women’s National Basketball Association)
You can also get into the action yourself: Enjoy swimming, running, biking, volleyball, tennis or playing practically any sport in the many parks and beaches along Lake Michigan.
Well known for its world-class shopping, Chicago is a destination for coupon clippers and luxury shoppers alike. Visit the famous Magnificent Mile along beautiful Michigan Avenue, find unique jewelery in Jeweler's Row, or find uncommon finds in Chicago's neighborhoods like Lincoln Park, Bucktown, Old Town, and more.