Financial aid is available to Executive MBA Program students through federal and/or private loans. Only U.S. citizens and permanent residents are eligible for educational loans through U.S. federal programs. Loan amounts are determined by the Financial Aid Office and are based on your financial aid application and the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Additional information and guidance on loans is available through the Financial Aid Office.
For information on loans which may be available to Non-U.S. Citizens or Permanent Residents, visit our International Students page
Unsubsidized Federal Stafford Loan (UFSL)
- Federal loan
- Not based on financial need
- Currently has a fixed interest rate of 5.84% and an origination fee of 1.068% (as of 12/16/15).
- Students are responsible for all interest that accrues on the loan.
- Interest begins accruing once funds are disbursed. The principal is deferred while students are enrolled at least half-time in a program or are in an eligible deferment status.
- Maximum amount that students may borrow per academic year is $20,500.
- Repayment begins six months after separation or graduation, or if the students schedule falls below half-time.
- Loan is federally insured. It is cancelled in the event of the death or permanent and total disability of the borrower.
Graduate PLUS Loan
- Federal loan
- Available to graduate and professional students to meet financial need and/or to replace their student contribution to meet the cost of attendance.
- Interest begins accruing once funds are disbursed.
- Repayment begins six months after separation or graduation, or if the students schedule falls below half-time
- Currently has a fixed interest rate of 6.84% and a 4.272% origination (as of 12/16/15).
- Please visit Northwestern University’s Private Loan Information site for a list of preferred vendors and detailed instructions for securing private loans.