The Executive MBA Program does not require GMAT scores for most applicants.
If the applicant does not have a bachelor’s degree, the GMAT is required. In addition, applicants may be asked to take the GMAT if the initial review of their transcripts reveals specific areas of concern. The admissions committee will only make this request in special circumstances.
TESTING FOR ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
All candidates who are not U.S. citizens or U.S. permanent residents must show their English language proficiency by sending valid TOEFL or IELTS scores. Students taking the TOEFL must take the Internet Based Test (IBT). The score for the average Kellogg Executive MBA student is 104. Applicants who take the IELTS must score a minimum of 7.0. We have the right to request Test of English to be completed.
To prevent processing delays, we strongly recommend that you upload your official TOEFL or IELTS score report (if available) to the application.
Exemptions may be granted if one of the following criteria is met:
The Program reserves the right to require assessment of English language proficiency even if these exemption criteria are met.
- The applicant completed an undergraduate or graduate degree at a college or university in the United States.
- The applicant takes or has taken the equivalency of English 101 and 102 at an accredited college or university in the United States.
- The applicant completed an undergraduate or graduate degree at a college or university where English was the only language of instruction.
- If you qualify for this exemption, you must provide the exact URL or documentation from your institution that states English was the only language of instruction.
- If you graduated from an Indian institution that does not explicitly state this, please provide the URL for the homepage of the school’s website.