A Message from the Kellogg Dean Search Committee Chair
8/31/2009 - Dear Kellogg Faculty, Staff and Students:
As you know from Provost Daniel Linzer’s recent announcement, I am chairing the search committee for the next Dean of the Kellogg School of Management. I plan to update you periodically as we move through the process of identifying prospects, and ultimately candidates, for Dean.
The committee has already begun gathering thoughts and ideas from Kellogg faculty, students, staff, alumni, and from others at peer institutions. We will be meeting both individually and collectively with a broad range of constituent groups within the school to solicit wide input in this process. Your counsel is enormously important, not only to inform the committee and the search process, but also to enhance our understanding of critical issues and priorities within Kellogg, which we will communicate to potential Dean prospects.
As members of the Kellogg community, we encourage you to share your thoughts regarding the desired qualities for Kellogg’s next Dean, names of any candidates you believe would be outstanding prospects, and any other feedback that you feel may be relevant to the committee’s deliberations. Please contact me via the e-mail address we have established for the committee’s confidential work: email@example.com.
We will keep you updated on the committee’s efforts as our work progresses. Our hope is to make our recommendations to the Provost and President early in the new year, and that a new Dean will be appointed by spring quarter 2010.
I would like to thank Provost Linzer, President Bienen, and President-elect Schapiro for their confidence in our committee. I would also like to thank you for your willingness to engage in this very important process. I look forward to meeting with and hearing from you as we help select the next Dean of the Kellogg School of Management.
Janice Eberly John L. and Helen Kellogg Professor of Finance
Chair, Kellogg School of Management Dean Search Committee
Members of the Search Committee, as announced earlier by Provost Linzer:
- Gregory Carpenter, James Farley/Booz Allen Hamilton Professor of Marketing and Chair of the Marketing Department
- Timothy Feddersen, Wendell Hobbs Professor of Managerial Economics and Decisions Sciences, Director of SEEK
- Roxanne Hori, Assistant Dean and Director of the Kellogg School of Management Career Management Center
- Thomas Hubbard, John L. and Helen Kellogg Professor of Management and Strategy
- Bryan Law (KSM '10), President, Kellogg Student Association
- H. John Livingston (KSM '93), Managing Partner, McKinsey & Company, Chicago
- Matthew B. McCall (KSM MBA ’91, MMM ‘92), Partner, New World Ventures and Managing Director, Draper Fisher Jurvetson Portage
- Sarah Mangelsdorf, Dean, Weinberg College of Arts and Sciences
- J. Keith Murnighan, Harold H. Hines Jr. Professor of Risk Management
- Beverly Walther, Professor of Accounting Information and Management
- David Van Zandt, Dean, School of Law