IC2S2 2018 is a multi-day conference that dives deeply into the field of computational social science that features prominent speakers defining research and practice in an environment that encourages interdisciplinary collaboration.
In addition to world reknowned keynotes and cutting edge presentations, the agenda includes a pre-session day for highly experiential skills workshops and a datathon.
Thursday, July 12
Pre-Session / Skills Workshops and Datathon
Friday, July 13
General Session / Opening Remarks, Five Keynotes, Demonstration Tables, Datathon Presentations and Awards, Concurrent Sessions and Conference Reception
- Iain Couzin, University of Kostanz, Germany – “Collective Sensing and Decision-Making in Animal Groups: From Fish Schools to Primate Societies”
- Nitesh Chawla, University of Notre Dame - "What does the Quantified Self Tell about Qualified Self"
- David Ferrucci, Elemental Cognition - "Machines as Thought Partners"
- Marta Sales-Pardo, University of Rovira i Virgili – "Using Inference for Prediction on Social Systems"
- Duncan Watts, Microsoft - "Contagion on Social Networks"
Saturday, July 14
General Session / Five Keynotes, Concurrent Sessions, Demonstration Tables, Poster Sessions and Conference Banquet Dinner
- Damon Centola, University of Pennsylvania - “How Behavior Spreads”
- Aaron Clauset, University of Colorado Boulder - "Scale free networks are rare"
- Marta C. Gonzalez, University of California, Berkeley - “Modeling and planning urban systems with novel data sources”
- Matt Jackson, Stanford University - “Dynamic networks and increasing homophily and polarization''
- David Lazer, Northeastern University - "The future of prediction from digital sources"
- Moran Cerf, Northwestern University - "Using the Brain in Business"
Sunday, July 15
General Session / Two Keynotes, Concurrent Sessions, Demonstration Tables, Poster Session, Best Paper and Best Poster Awards, Closing Remarks
- Tanzeem Choudhury, Cornell University – "How Social Science can Influence Technology Design for Influencing Behavior in the Physical World"
- Lada Adamic, Facebook - "How cascades grow"