Your Faculty Directory page has the capacity to list a link to a Personal Web page. This option may be used to link to any custom-designed Web page you may have.
Based on your level of expertise, you may choose to link from your Faculty Directory page to a site you have designed and built yourself. Knowledge of Web editing software is recommended when building your custom site.
- Access to your own Web directory on the W server (kis-nt2). Each faculty member has Web folder.
- Ability to create a unique Web site
- Complete control of site content
- Freedom to experiment with different layouts and styles
- Viewing access may be restricted to Kellogg NetID users only
- Requires knowledge of Web authoring language, Web editing software, or knowledgeable staff
- Cannot restrict access to class members only as in Blackboard
- No built-in discussion groups, no built-in e-mail, no document handoff capabilities
- You may wish to obtain Web editing software. The software of choice at the Kellogg School is Dreamweaver. This can be purchased through your department.
- If you do not already have a folder on the W drive (the main Kellogg server), or if you are not sure, contact Mary Golosinski.
- If you are unable to write to your folder contact Mary Golosinski.
- You will need to access your Web folder on the W drive. If your computer is not already mapped to the W drive contact KIS Faculty Services.
- Based on your level of expertise, you may now either start working or contact your department's Web administrator for assistance.
- This Web site contains a Dreamweaver tutorial at Using Dreamweaver.
- Northwestern offers classes to faculty and staff on Web authoring with Dreamweaver. The schedule is located on the Human Resources Web site.
Linking an existing site to a faculty directory page:
If you would like to link to your custom course page from your Faculty Directory Page, go to the Sitecore login and enter the URL of your page in the location for "Course Page" in the Sitecore Content Editor.
back to the top