More than 2,000 alumni returned to campus April 27-29 to reconnect with classmates and friends at Reunion 2012. The weekend convened graduates from the classes of 1962, 1967, 1972, 1977, 1982, 1987, 1992, 1997, 2002, 2007 and 2011 for an assortment of workshops, activities and social events on the Chicago and Evanston campuses.
Highlights of Reunion 2012 included:
- Return to Work Conference: Presented by the Career Management Center, the conference provided comprehensive and tactical return-to-work strategies and advice for experienced professionals.
- MMM 20th Anniversary Celebration: The MMM Program marked the 20-year anniversary of its first graduating class with an alumni club and affinity reception and celebratory dinner.
- Alumni Reception (TG): Alumni relived their "TG" memories with friends on the Deering Meadow lawn.
- MBA Update Sessions: Graduates returned to the classroom for educational sessions with Gad Allon, associate professor of managerial economics and decision sciences; Harry Kraemer, clinical professor of management and strategy; Victoria Medvec, the Adeline Barry Davee Professor of Management & Organizations; Mitchell Petersen, the Glen Vasel Professor of Finance; Sergio Rebelo, the Tokai Bank Professor of Finance; and Mohan Sawhney, the Robert R. McCormick Tribune Foundation Clinical Professor of Technology.
- Children's Workshop: "Mini" entrepreneurs enjoyed a hands-on program that focused on how to start a business.
- Dean's Address and Professor of the Year Award: Dean Sally Blount '92 discussed "Envision Kellogg," the school's new strategic direction, with alumni. Blount also presented the Professor of the Year Award to Victoria Medvec.
- Reunion Barbecue: Alumni enjoyed a delicious BBQ lunch while reconnecting with friends on the lawn of the Donald P. Jacobs Center.
- Reunion class parties: Class-specific dinners and cocktail receptions were held in venues throughout Chicago, including Fulton's on the River, Rockit, Japonais and Café Spiaggia.