Anne T. Coughlan
J.L. & Helen Kellogg Professor of Marketing
Kellogg School of Management
2001 Sheridan Road
Evanston, IL 60208-2008
PUBLICATIONS AND COMPLETED WORK
1. Sales Force Compensation: Research Insights and Research Potential, with Kissan Joseph, Chapter 26 in Handbook on Business-to-Business Marketing, Gary L. Lilien and Rajdeep Grewal, Editors, Edward Elgar Publishing, 2012, 473-495.
2. Managing Consumer Returns in a Competitive Environment, with Jeffrey D. Shulman and R. Canan Savaskan, Management Science, vol. 57 (2, February 2011), 347-362.
3. Marketing Channel Strategy, in Wiley International Encyclopedia of Marketing, Volume 1, Marketing Strategy, Robert A. Peterson and Roger A. Kerin, Editors, West Sussex, United Kingdom, John Wiley and Sons, Ltd., 2011, pp. 133-142.
4. Marketing Channel Design and Management, in Kellogg on Marketing, Second Edition, Alice M. Tybout and Bobby Calder, Editors, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., Publishers, 2010, chapter 11, pp. 232-257.
5. Creating Superior Value by Managing the Marketing-Operations Management Interface, with Jeffrey D. Shulman, in Kellogg on Marketing, Second Edition, Alice M. Tybout and Bobby Calder, Editors, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., Publishers, 2010, chapter 20, pp. 393-408.
6. Optimal Reverse Channel Structure for Consumer Product Returns, with Jeffrey D. Shulman and R. Canan Savaskan, Marketing Science, vol. 29 (November-December 2010), 1071-1085.
7. Marketing Modeling Reality, and the Realities of Marketing Modeling, with S. Chan Choi, Wujin Chu, Charles A. Ingene, K. Sridhar Moorthy, V. Paddy Padmanabhan, Jagmohan S. Raju, David A. Soberman, Richard Staelin, and Z. John Zhang, Marketing Letters, vol. 21 (3, 2010), 317-333.
8. Optimal Sales Force Diversification and Group Incentive Payments, with Fabio Caldieraro, Marketing Science, vol, 28 (6, November-December 2009), 1009-1026.
9. Determinants of Pay Levels and Structures in Sales Organizations, with Dominique Rouziθs, Erin Anderson, and Dawn Iacobucci, Journal of Marketing, vol. 73 (November 2009), 92-104. This paper won the American Marketing Associations Selling and Sales Management Special Interest Groups Excellence in Research Award for 2010.
10. Optimal Restocking Fees and Information Provision in an Integrated Demand-Supply Model of Product Returns, with Jeffrey D. Shulman and R. Canan Savaskan, Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, vol. 11 (4, Fall 2009), 577-594.
11. Editorial: Analytical Transparency, with Eric T. Bradlow, Marketing Science, vol. 28 (3, May-June 2009), 403-404.
12. Price-Matching Guarantees, Retail Competition, and Product-Line Assortment, with Greg Shaffer, Marketing Science, vol. 28 (3, May-June 2009), 580-588.
13. Used Goods, Not Used Bads: Profitable Secondary Market Sales for a Durable Goods Channel, with Jeffrey D. Shulman, Quantitative Marketing and Economics, vol. 5, 2007, 191-210.
14. Spiffed-Up Channels: The Role of Spiffs in Hierarchical Selling Organizations, with Fabio Caldieraro, Marketing Science, vol. 26, no. 1, 2007, pp. 31-51.
15. "Private Label Positioning: Quality vs. Feature Differentiation from the National Brand," with S. Chan Choi, Journal of Retailing, vol. 82, no. 2, 2006, pp. 79-93 (lead article; 2008 AMA Davidson Honorable Mention Award for Best Article in Journal of Retailing, 2006).
16. A Cointegration Analysis of the Correlates of Performance in Franchised Channels, with Rajiv Dant, Manish Kacker, and Jamie Emerson (2006), in Economics and Management of Networks: Franchising Networks, Cooperatives, Joint Ventures and Alliances, G. Cliquet, G. Kendrickse, M. Tuunanen, and J. Windsperger, eds., Springer, 2006.
17. Marketing Channels, Seventh Edition, with Erin Anderson, Louis W. Stern and Adel I. El-Ansary, Prentice-Hall, 2006.
18. Results on the Standard Error of the Coefficient Alpha Index of Reliability, with Adam Duhachek and Dawn Iacobucci, Marketing Science, vol. 24, no. 2, Spring 2005, pp. 294-301.
19. "Salesforce," with Sanjog Misra and Chakravarthi Narasimhan, Quantitative Marketing and Economics, vol. 3, 2005, pp. 5-39.
28. "Salesforce Compensation: A Review of MS/OR Advances," in Handbooks in Operations Research and Management Science: Marketing (vol. 5), Gary L. Lilien and Jehoshua Eliashberg, editors, Amsterdam: North-Holland, 1993; translated into Japanese and issued in the Japanese market in 1998.
32. "New Technology Adoption in an Innovative Marketplace: Micro- and Macro- Level Decision Making Models," with Eileen Bridges and Shlomo Kalish, International Journal of Forecasting, vol. 7, 1991, pp. 257-270.
37. "International Market Entry and Expansion Via Independent or Integrated Channels of Distribution," with Erin Anderson, Journal of Marketing, vol. 51, no. 1, January 1987, 71-82. Reprinted in Third Edition of International Marketing Strategy, Hans B. Thorelli and S. Tamer Cavusgil, editors, Pergamon Press.