Student leadership is a key component of the Kellogg GIM experience. Working under the direction of their GIM Advisor, student leaders help to shape the in-country experience for all GIM participants. Each GIM class provides three key student leadership positions:
- Field Study
- Network with current students, alumni, and other business contacts to find hosts for plenary sessions
- Arrange five to eight all-class, in-country meetings with multi-national corporations, industry leaders, government officials, etc.
- Work with travel provider on in-country itinerary
- Determine hotels, cultural outings, group dinners, optional events, and overall schedule structure in-country
- Promote GIM experience within the Kellogg community
- Handle leadership team and class communications, including committee assignments
- Document GIM experience, including photographs and videos
- Arrange alumni/new admit reception in-country
These leadership roles can involve significant amounts of time (especially as the in-country experience draws closer), including regular, mandatory meetings with GIM Advisors and the Global Programs Office. We therefore recommend students consider their summer quarter schedules before committing to a GIM leadership position. GIM leaders, however, will also have committees comprised of classmates who will help them complete their deliverables.
The Global Programs’ Office will cover 10% of each leaders' payment costs to the travel provider.
Key Dates for Students Interested in GIM Leadership (Part-Time Summer Students)
|11/10/15 (12:30 – 1:20); Wieboldt 107
|GIM Leadership Information Session
|1/24/15 (8 AM)
||GIM Leadership Applications Due
|1/26 – 1/30/15
||Phone Interviews with GIM Advisors
|2/2/15 (9 AM) – 2/4/15 (5 PM)
|Leadership Offers Made (24-hour response required)
|TBA (based on students' schedules)
||Mandatory GIM Leadership Training Sessions (All leaders must attend one of these.)
Please submit the form below and the required attachments no later than January 24th, at 8 AM.
Students may apply for more than one leadership position; however, we strongly recommend that students choose positions that align with their backgrounds, skill sets, and goals for their time at Kellogg. Each application will be considered by the respective GIM Advisor, who will conduct phone interviews and make all leadership placements.
Please do not underestimate the importance of the statement of interest.
Step 1. Complete the following form
GIM Leaders Application Form