||Faculty & Research Recruiting
The Kellogg School of Management has an opening for a Research Associate (or Senior Research Associate, based on qualifications).
- Manage and administer large-scale economic and financial datasets from diverse sources, including CRSP, Compustat and TAQ.
- Develop statistical and technical documents for the Research Support web site.
- Provide support to faculty using datasets in research including: Training sessions on the use of statistical tools for data analysis and manipulation; Data assessment and extraction using packages such as Python, MySQL, and other tools; data cleaning, parsing, transfer, and matching.
- Master’s degree in research-oriented social science field, especially economics, finance, accounting or statistics or related field. Doctoral degree preferred.
- Educational training and good habits in data management and analysis. Experience with large data sets.
- Background in computer programming languages, such as Python or C++.
- Advanced programming skills with two or more of the following programming languages is required: Matlab, R, SAS or Stata.
- Customer service orientation and ability to work closely with faculty and graduate students.
Applicants should include a complete curriculum vita, a cover letter and three letters of reference. Applications will be accepted and considered until February 28, 2014. To apply, visit http://goo.gl/CUulT1.
Northwestern University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Applications from women and minorities are encouraged. Hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States.