All conference events will be held on Wednesday November 11th, 2009 in the James L. Allen Center at Kellogg’s main campus in Evanston.
2169 Campus Drive
Evanston, Illinois 60208
Directions and a map to the Allen Center.
» Hotel Orrington
» Hilton Garden Inn
» Best Western Evanston
Conference attendees looking for Chicago hotel deals are encouraged to look at DealBase.com, an aggregator of hotel deals and packages, which was founded by 2004 Kellogg alumni Sam Shank.
Parking is very limited on Northwestern University's Evanston campus. Many parking lots are restricted to faculty, including the lots adjacent to the Allen Center prior to 4:00 pm on weekdays. If you park in a restricted area, you will be ticketed $50. For this reason, we strongly urge you to take a taxi or a limousine to the Allen Center.
If you must drive, please park on the north side of campus next to Northwestern University's Sports and Aquatic Center (SPAC). Look at upper right hand corner of this map for the lot marked “SPAC parking”. Volunteers will be in the SPAC lot handing out parking passes from 7:00am until 4:30pm. There will be a complimentary shuttle provided from the SPAC lot to the Allen center for your convenience.
Please do not park in any other lots on the map, as it is very likely you will be ticketed.
Directions to SPAC parking lot:
Drive North on Sheridan through the Northwestern campus and then turn East (Right) onto Lincoln. Stay on Lincoln as it turns south. The SPAC building will be on your left, and the SPAC lot on the right. See upper right hand corner on this map, marked “SPAC parking”.
American Taxi (847-755-2227)
303 Cab Company (847-256-0303)
Northshore Cab Association (847-864-7500)
From O'Hare, cab rates are $28-35 to campus.
From Midway, cab rates are $46-55 to campus.
Taxi directions to the Allen Center
Follow the directions detailed below based on your direction of travel. When you reach Sheridan Rd in the directions head NORTH. Follow Sheridan Rd north to the parking lot just past the Jacobs Center (this will be right past the intersection of Foster and Sheridan). Turn right into the parking lot and follow it down the hill towards the lake. The Allen Center will be on the far side of the parking lot.
Traveling via METRA commuter rail
For more information about Metra, visit the Metra Information Center.
- Take the Metra/Union Pacific North Line toward Kenosha.
- Get off at Davis St, Evanston.
- Make a left, turning east onto Davis St.
- Walk one long block from Benson Ave to Orrington Ave.
- Make a left, turning north onto Orrington Ave.
- Walk two blocks to Clark St.
- In front of you, on the north side of Clark St, will be the Rebecca Crown Center.
- Walk east on Clark to Sheridan. Walk North on Sheridan towards the intersection of Foster and Sheridan. Just past this intersection of Foster and Sheridan you will see a parking lot. Make a right through the parking lot towards the lake. Follow the sidewalk down the hill. The Allen Center is on the far side of the parking lot.
Traveling via Chicago Transit Authority (CTA)
For more information about the Chicago Transit Authority, visit the CTA website.
- Take the "CTA Purple Line" north toward Linden.
- Get off at Foster St.
- Make a right, turning east onto Foster St.
- Walk two and a half blocks to Sheridan Rd.
- Just past the intersection of Foster and Sheridan you will see a parking lot. Make a right through the parking lot towards the lake. Follow the sidewalk down the hill. The Allen Center is on the far side of the parking lot.