Financial Economics Certificate
The Financial Economics Certificate prepares students for careers in financial services and consulting, as well as doctoral/professional programs in law, business and other fields.
Building on Northwestern’s liberal arts framework, this certificate teaches students skills related to corporate finance, capital markets and securities pricing.
Graduates of the certificate will be prepared for business responsibilities that include:
- Cash-flow analysis and building financial models
- Devising financing and capital structure strategies
- Analysis of mergers and acquisitions
- Researching capital budgets and other investment decisions
- Analyzing portfolio investments and asset management choices
- Developing and evaluating risk-management strategies
- Generating cash flow forecasts and valuation estimates
- Facilitating and preparing for client meetings