Violations of Kellogg’s recruiting policies will be evaluated on a case by case basis. In addition to the policies above, Kellogg considers the following to be infractions of our recruiting policies:
- An offer (verbal or written) which is rescinded or withdrawn prior to the student accepting or declining
- An offer decision deadline which is not in compliance with Kellogg’s Decision Deadline Dates (see above). This also prohibits the use “exploding offers”.
- A delayed start date (date pushed back from original agreed upon date)
- A significant change to an agreed upon offer, such as salary, location or duration of an internship
- Internship recruiting events held prior to the start of the on campus recruiting period (see Recruiting Calendar)
Kellogg encourages our students to report noncompliance of recruiting policies to the CMC. Kellogg CMC staff will then investigate the matter and communicate directly with the employer. In the case that a matter is not resolved, any of the following corrective actions may be taken:
- Communication from the school to the senior management of the company informing them of the policy infraction.
- Restriction of the company’s access to students which may include: panel/industry discussions, corporate presentations, club events, or other recruiting activities.
- Exclusion of the company from on-campus recruiting activities.
- Inclusion on student facing Employer Policy Non-compliance list.
Just as we expect our employers to adhere to stated policies, we have also established a Recruiting Code of Conduct for our students. If you feel that students are behaving in an unprofessional manner, please reach out to your Industry Relationship Manager.