The paper application is a self-mailing application procedure. You will complete, gather, and submit your application and its supporting documents, with the exception of the GMAT/GRE, in one package, which you will submit to The Part-Time MBA Program at Kellogg.
You cannot submit any part of this paper application and supporting documentation via e-mail or electronically. All paper application materials should be submitted by the application deadline dates listed on the Admission Calendar.
The part-time program paper application consists of the following components that you will download and complete.
Word Template Document
|Please note that on 6/14/2011 the Kellogg Part-Time MBA Program implemented some updates to the Evening Program and Saturday Program applications. If you are using an older version, you will need to submit portions of the updated application. |
- Specifically, you will need to provide answers to the question set about academic probation, separation from the military, etc. (This is the question set that is prior to the recommendation listings).
- Also, the application sources/survey was removed. In its place, we have added the Kellogg Honor Code, which all applicants will sign and submit when submitting an application. Therefore, if you are using an older version of the application, you will need to include this in the final application that you submit. If you started the sources/survey page, you do not need to submit it with your application.
- Essay questions #3 and #4 were changed. If you are using a previous version of the application and have started to answer the essay questions, it will be acceptable to use the previous essay questions. All new applications started as of 6/14/2011 should have the new essay questions.
|EVENING PROGRAM - Kellogg MBA Application and Essays|
|SATURDAY PROGRAM - Kellogg MBA Application and Essays|
|Recommendation Form You will need two forms for two recommenders. |
You can request to have your recommender submit the recommendation in a plain, sealed envelope with the recommender's signature over the seal.
Application Information & Instructions
1. Download the Word template forms (located above) and enter your responses directly onto the template using your computer.
2. It is permissible to use extra pages for additional information (work experience, extracurricular activities, etc.); however, to maintain formatting we encourage you to utilize the space provided within the application. You will need to use additional pages to answer the essays.
3. You must have at least version 6.0 to complete the application using the Word template. The application utilizes fill-in form fields.
The Word template is saved in Protected mode (Protect document under the Tools menu). This will allow you to move from one field to the next using the Tab key to complete your information without altering the formatting of the document. In areas where there is a checkbox or a "Yes/No" answer, mark the check (X) in the applicable space by clicking on the checkbox.
After you have completed the entire application, it is possible to adjust the document formatting (if necessary) by Unprotecting the document. To do so, select Tools on the menu and scroll down to Unprotect document. A password is not required. You will then be able to make any necessary document formatting changes.
WARNING: Once you complete the application in Protected mode, and then Unprotect the document to alter formatting, you cannot change the document back to the Protected mode without losing all the information that you entered on the application. Therefore, adjusting your formatting should be your final step.
Letter of Recommendation Form
1. You must submit two letters of recommendation from two different recommenders. The letters of recommendation should be from people who are able to evaluate your on-the-job performance and potential for a successful management career. At least one of the letters must be from a current supervisor with your current employer.
You need to submit one copy of official transcripts for all colleges/universities you have attended.
What Not to Include in Your Application
Do not bind your application packet: When completing and submitting your application, please do not submit it in bound format. When submitting your application use staples or paper clips only.
Do not submit work projects: When submitting your application, please do not include accompanying items that we have not asked for you to submit, such as work projects or workshop/certification certificates.
Documenting your résumé in the application: While it is important to provide employment history within the application, in the space provided, please follow the guidelines for space requirements. Do not submit multiple pages of information for each job you have held.
Submitting Your Application
When you are ready to submit your completed paper application to the Part-Time MBA Program, please remember that your application is considered complete and will be sent to the Admissions Committee only after the application and all supporting materials have been received by the part-time program. These include:
The completed application form and admission essays
The $185 application fee
Sealed envelope(s) containing an official transcript from all colleges, universities, or professional schools that you have attended
Two completed letters of recommendation
Completed results from the GMAT/GRE
An interview with the part-time program is required
Once you have your application materials completed and collected, you can mail or submit the items to:
Director of Admissions
The Part-Time MBA Program
Kellogg School of Management
340 East Superior Street, 2nd Floor Mezzanine
Chicago, Illinois 60611-3008
When we receive your application, we will notify you by e-mail. We will also contact you by phone or e-mail regarding any missing items.
If you have questions concerning the download application or using the forms, contact The Part-Time MBA Program office at 312.503.8385