Why does Kellogg have a two-part application?
Kellogg requires all applicants to request an interview. Submission of Part I of the application allows candidates to request an interview and designate their interview preference (on-campus vs. off-campus) prior to completing the entire application. However, submitting an off-campus interview request does not guarantee an interview. The interview may be waived in areas of high demand or remote location. If an interview preference is not selected or if an on-campus interview is not scheduled by the designated deadline, the interview will be waived. What is required in Part I and Part II of the application?
- Data form: biographical information, educational experience, academic honors, extracurricular activities, work history, self-reported GMAT/GRE and TOEFL scores.
- Interview requests (all interview requests are final):
- To request an off-campus interview: Select the appropriate off-campus interview request box in Part I and submit by the deadline designated below. The Admissions Committee will notify candidates of an interview assignment or interview waiver via email. Interviews may be waived in areas of high demand or remote location. A waived interview does not negatively affect your application. Off-campus interview assignments may take up to eight weeks depending upon demand and location. Please note that while we assign off-campus interviews based on Part I of the application, assignment priority may be given to those who submit Part II earlier. Upon receipt of the assignment, it is the applicant’s responsibility to contact the alumnus.
- To request an on-campus interview: Select the on-campus interview request box in Part I and submit by the deadline designated below. Allow two business days after submission before calling the admissions office at 847-491-3308 to schedule an on-campus interview. Appointments may fill up four to six weeks in advance.
- $250 non-refundable application fee payable only by credit card
One-Year and International Applicants
- Register two recommenders to complete and submit the online letter of recommendation
- 1Y eligibility grid (if a 1Y applicant)
- Scanned transcripts
- Scanned GMAT/GRE/TOEFL scores, if available
- Updated self-reported test scores, if applicable
- Essays and additional information
- Kellogg Honor Code
We strongly recommend One-Year (1Y) and international applicants apply by the Round 2 application deadline. Applicants applying in Round 3 will be at a disadvantage since the Kellogg School typically admits 1Y and international applicants during Rounds 1 and 2 to allow adequate time for relocation and visa processing. 1Y and international applicants who apply in Round 3 and request an off-campus interview may be selected to interview by invitation only.All deadlines are 11:59pm Central Time on the day listed below.
|2013 Application Deadlines
|Application Part 1 Deadlines|
|Part 1 must be submitted to request an off-campus interview OR to schedule an on-campus interview with the Kellogg Admissions Office. Please note the different interview deadlines.|
Select the off-campus interview
request box and submit Part I by
|Sept. 19, 2012
||Dec. 4, 2012
||Apr. 3, 2013|
|Please allow up to eight weeks after submitting Part I to receive either an interview assignment in your local area or an interview waiver in areas of high demand. Assignment priority may be given to those who have submitted Part II.|
|ON-CAMPUS INTERVIEW DEADLINES
Select the on-campus interview
request box and submit Part I by
Oct. 16, 2012
Jan. 3, 2013
Apr. 10, 2013
Contact the Kellogg Admissions Office to schedule and complete your interview by
|Dec. 1, 2012
||Mar. 2, 2013
||Apr. 26, 2013|
|Please allow two business days after submitting Part I to schedule your interview. |
Chicago-area MBA applicants must request an off-campus interview unless applying to the JD-MBA program.
|Application Part 2 Deadlines|
|Due by 11:59 p.m. CT
||Oct. 16, 2012
||Jan. 3, 2013
||Apr. 10, 2013|
||Dec. 17, 2012
||Mar. 21, 2013
||May 15, 2013|
|$2,000 received by
||Mar. 6, 2013
||May 1, 2013
||June 4, 2013|